6 October 2010

Day 6.2---How to make a fabric Yo-Yo with NO tool

Hey there peeps....
I just wanted to run through, how to make a Yo-Yo with no tool, as for my upcoming tutorial you shall have to make a few of them!!

REQUIREMENTS
- Fabric
-A cup
-A fabric pen
-Scissors
-Needle & thread
-Button/bead/bow optional

Draw around your cup & cut leaving a approx 1/4 inch...

Now double up your thread knot the end,
With the wrong side facing you,
Fold your 1/4 inch down using your pen-mark as a guide,
Still with me?!?!?!?!
Right...
Now you want to from the wrong side, do a running stitch until......

You reach the first stitch again....

You want to go through this stitch again, and have both threads on the wrong side...

Double click for a closer look...

Pull both thread ends tight and trim, leaving a good length,
Now give your yo-yo a wee tug here and there,
Till your happy with the way it looks,
Re-thread your needle, and go through the centre....

And fasten off at the back.... Then Ta Da your done!!!

Why not add a button????
(this will be required if the upcoming tutorial!!)
The possibilities are endless!!!!

If you have a clover Yo-Y0 tool, and are unsure how to use it here is a fab tute!!

Please do leave feed back was this a easy tute???
I aim to help not hinder!!!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great tuto! And lovely result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see an old fashioned, no gadget tute! I nearly bought a yo-yo tool a while back but gave myself a slap and reminded myself that I needed no more random plastic crap of questionable usefulness cluttering up my life.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx