12 April 2010

trying to end his habbit of a life time.....

firstly sorry if the picture is not to your taste...
my wee boy Frazer is now 15 month's old now.... feeding him has been the best start in life i can give him & the bonding experience can be rivaled by no other experience in my life... i have LOVED most of the experience. i fed Finn my first boy till he was 13 months old.... i was also 7 months pregnant with Frazer by this point...... i am wrestling with the "am i being selfish" as much as i am aware motherhood comes with all the unconditional love you could you can handle!!! it also comes with GUILT i found this out early and am learning fast that it will be here as long as the unconditional love!!! FOREVER!!!!!


so where am i now... i now sort of feel that he is OK to not be feeding now as he only NEEDS my milk till he is 12 months old, although they would like us to feed till they are 2 years old i have been feeding for 27 months with a 2 month break..... i also feel that i will always put my children first but he is now upping the ante he & Finn had a bug passing it too and fro for 5 weeks then the teething was the problem so i did have him to 1 feed a day his bedtime "SNUGGLES" we called them now up until yesterday he was feeding 3-4 times a day and i was in the spare bed in his room by anywhere between 1am - 3am every night i spent the rest of the night there with him sleeping in the bed with me and feeding on and off all night :( much to my dis-spare....
so yesterday i decided enough is enough Frazer will still love me even if i cut the feeding down (in the vain hope that he will eventually stop!!)so foot down i have put plasters on my nipples yes plasters!!!! as when i just say no he throws himself on the floor and screaming and i feel bad enough!!! ( i still have a ear infection :(... ) so now there is less screaming maybe some confusion but he only fed once yesterday.... and he woke at 2.30am last night.. i went and settled him then he was asleep by 2.45am.... i seriously believe it was a fluke but i have my fingers crossed...
updates will follow!!!! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx